The legend started in 1910, when Cavalier Ugo Stella acquired the shares
of Società Italiana Automobili Darraq, the Italian plant of a French car
maker. The first plant was at number 95 Strada del Portello in the north-
west outskirts of Milan and the company was called “Anonima Lombarda
Fabbrica Automobili” (Lombard Automobile Factory, Public Company),
hence the acronym A.L.F.A.
The public welcomed the first Alfa Romeo car with great acclaim, smitten with its performance. A success that was to stand the test of time: for automotive enthusiasts throughout the world, Alfa Romeo badge is now, more than ever, a symbol of endless innovation and pure driving pleasure.